Bidding Rules For Auctions
BigMickeyClearance.ie wants to provide a safe and exciting website for people to buy an item on sale and by auction online. With that in mind, we have created several simple rules to protect both ourselves and our buyers
- All bidders/buyer must be over the age of 18
- Do not bid unless you can afford or intend to pay, all bids are final and binding
- If you are not familiar with bidding at auction please read our how-to guide here
- Bidding must comply with our terms of service and auction rules
- No shill bidding – all bids must be your own.
These rules may be added to or amended at any time without notice, so please check them from time to time.
Note: Auctions will last for approximately seven days and if an auction ends unsold if will automatically relist after 48 hours, if an item is not paid for within 72 hours of a successful auction it will also automatically relist.
How to bid online
Bidding online is incredibly easy, all you need to do go to the auction you would like to bid in & register yourself to bid, follow the links provided and start bidding.
Please note we DO NOT charge commission or hidden fees of any kind. The only additional cost with products is shipping. You can read more about our very reasonable shipping rates here.
Items must be paid for within 48 hours of hitting the buy it now button or the auction end time. If items are not paid for within the allotted time frame they may be relisted or offered to the next highest bidder.
Conditions of Business
All prospective buyers are reminded that they are bound by the Big Mickey Clearance conditions of business, details of which may be found here.
- Starting and ending time is determined by the website clock. Bids will be accepted during this time only. The Big Mickey Clearance reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without notice, to extend, terminate or modify the online marketplace in the event of unforeseen technical difficulties that alter the proper functioning of the online marketplace.
- Bids may be placed online 24 hours per day at the online marketplace, between the online marketplace start date and time and the online marketplace end date and time.
- Big Auctions will set a Starting Bid for each item. The Starting Bid is the minimum amount required to participate in the bidding for that item.
- Each item has a Reserve Value and or Buy It Now Price. These values will vary depending on the item and its recommended retail price. You can read more on this in our How It Works Guide
- Each item that has a Reserve Status, which indicates one of two values:
- Reserve not met.The amount of the highest Maximum Bid is less than the Reserve Value and the item will not sell.
- Reserve met.The amount of the highest Maximum Bid is at least as much as the Reserve Value and the item will be sold to the highest bidder.
. You can read more on this in our How It Works Guide
- The online marketplace operates under a proxy bidding system. Under proxy bidding, you tell the software the maximum amount you are willing to bid for an item. This is your Maximum Secret Bid and is known only by you and the software. You should be sure of your Maximum Secret Bid prior to submission. The Maximum Secret Bid that you submit may not necessarily be the price you pay if you are the successful bidder – you may pay less, but never more. However, choose your maximum carefully, as you will be legally bound to pay up to that price (plus shipping) if it is the final highest bid. You can read more on this in our How It Works Guide
- It is your responsibility to monitor the outcome and status of your bids on the online marketplace website and, in the event that you are outbid by another bidder with a higher Maximum Secret Bid, determine whether to continue bidding on an item.
- If your Maximum Secret Bid is exactly the same as another bidder’s previously-placed Maximum Secret Bid on the same item, the bidder whose bid was placed first shall be declared the leading bidder.
- In the event of a dispute, Big Mickey Clearance will have the discretion to determine the successful bidder. All decisions by Big Mickey Clearance are final and binding.
- Big Mickey Clearance is not responsible for any bids that are lost, misdirected, incomplete or illegible, or for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind including, but not limited to, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, which may limit a bidder’s ability to participate in the online marketplace. Proof of sending will not be proof of receipt by Big Auctions..
- During and after the marketplace event, you may receive emails confirming bids you place, notifying you that you have been outbid by another bidder, or notifying you that you are a winner. These emails are for informational purposes only. Their transmission or omission do not constitute any change in the status of your bid or those of other bidders. Only the record of bids in the online marketplace system, as represented on the online marketplace website, constitutes the true bid record, as used by the software to determine the winning bidder at the close of the online marketplace.